University Federal Credit Union

www.ufcu.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for University Federal Credit Union

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at University Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great company. Great teams of people at all levels of the organization. Very much into involving everyone in groups to help shape the company, products/services, and such. Members are a priority and everyone loves their job. There is not alot of turnover, that says alot...

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. I don't know why you cannot submit without putting any words in the cons box...

Keep up the great work

31 Other Employee Reviews for University Federal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Great people but slowly becoming a bank

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at University Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are amazing people because this organization is all about member service and doing what's best for people. If you are looking for a mission, the credit union cause is a great one to fight for. You have a great deal of freedom to make a difference in people's lives. The CEO is a phenomenal motivational leader and there are many talented leaders throughout the organization.

Cons

Over the past few years they have increased hiring from banks and unfortunately that is changing the culture of this credit union. The focus has changed substantially from "Relationships are all there is" to "Numbers are all that matter."

Don't lose sight of the mission! The credit union is not-for-profit and it's purpose is to serve the underserved. Stop focusing on the wealthy. That will never be a credit union niche, nor should it be. Promote your talent from within. Don't hire from organizations whose cultures are the opposite of a credit union. When all you care about is numbers, you are officially a bank.

A wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at University Federal Credit Union full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As the others have stated what makes UFCU a great place are the employees and the members. The benefits are great, as is the whole office environment. Most mangers hire compatible people into their respective departments, which seem to cohesively bring a true teamwork attitude to the department. I always felt engaged and listened to by upper management with my ideas.

Cons

For the market share that UFCU possesses it does seem pay is on the lower end of the scale, and I do know that discourse does exist in other departments due largely to the attitude of the immediate managers.

Keep maintaing that solid sense of direction. When employees come with a grievance try to make sure all parties feel a sense of resolution.

There are newer employer reviews for University Federal Credit Union