There are newer employer reviews for University Health System

Great co-workers, terrible management

I worked at University Health System

Pros

great co-workers, you get paid base pay plus $1 for 2nd shift plus $2 more on weekends, you get paid at all. long lunch breaks, co workers typically cover for each other

Cons

doesnt matter what you do or how you do it, its never right. work never ends, trays stacked on top of trays, doesnt help that 1st shift (not everyone, but mostly) slacks alot leaving most of the work for 2nd and 3rd shift. management is unreasonable and illogical and sets impossible standards. scrub techs and nurses lose instruments and can never find them when needed, and they expect us to solve problems for them although they dont correspond to us.

hire a supervisor whos not lazy and knows what theyre doing

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall it has been good, but I believe that is due to the people that I have the pleasure of working with.

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at University Health System part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Mainly the people, most are very friendly. The hours that are offered are also very nice. Since I am still in school during the mornings, I work second shift without any issues.

Cons

Due to a hiring freeze there are some days that we are shorthanded in the lab. This same reason also means that its easily possible to rack up way more than 40 hours a week, especially if working weekends. That can be a con or a pro depending on how you see it.

Please try to hire more people so that all the shifts can be adequately covered. Otherwise the hospital is ran very well. Can't wait for the new tower to open.

2. Terrible experience

Former Employee - Senior Quality Data Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Data Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at University Health System full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Didn't find any pros for the company

Cons

Stupid people accumulated in the company

There are newer employer reviews for University Health System