University Health System

www.universityhealthsystem.com
  www.universityhealthsystem.com
There are newer employer reviews for University Health System

Disrespectful and rude to new nurses

Former Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I worked at University Health System full-time

Pros

Training and experience are good

Cons

I have experienced the most horrible degrading rudeness and disrespect from older nurses in this company. I was a new nurse and I have never in my life met rude and inconsiderate people until now. Some are ok but lots of back stabbing and traitors. Management only believes what the older nurses say, new nurses appear to be lying or incompetent in their eyes. I feel degraded. Lots of drama and lies. People lying to each other. One time nurses made up stories just to get another nurse terminated. Other nurses acts like a boss and can dictate or make up stories manager would not even check what's really going on down their office. Nurses treats people under cheap government insurances poorly with disrespect! Cant take it anymore that's why I left!!!

18 Other Employee Reviews for University Health System (View Most Recent)

Great co-workers, terrible management

I worked at University Health System

Pros

great co-workers, you get paid base pay plus $1 for 2nd shift plus $2 more on weekends, you get paid at all. long lunch breaks, co workers typically cover for each other

Cons

doesnt matter what you do or how you do it, its never right. work never ends, trays stacked on top of trays, doesnt help that 1st shift (not everyone, but mostly) slacks alot leaving most of the work for 2nd and 3rd shift. management is unreasonable and illogical and sets impossible standards. scrub techs and nurses lose instruments and can never find them when needed, and they expect us to solve problems for them although they dont correspond to us.

hire a supervisor whos not lazy and knows what theyre doing

Overall it has been good, but I believe that is due to the people that I have the pleasure of working with.

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at University Health System part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mainly the people, most are very friendly. The hours that are offered are also very nice. Since I am still in school during the mornings, I work second shift without any issues.

Cons

Due to a hiring freeze there are some days that we are shorthanded in the lab. This same reason also means that its easily possible to rack up way more than 40 hours a week, especially if working weekends. That can be a con or a pro depending on how you see it.

Please try to hire more people so that all the shifts can be adequately covered. Otherwise the hospital is ran very well. Can't wait for the new tower to open.

There are newer employer reviews for University Health System