Disrespectful and rude to new nurses

Former Employee - Nurse  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I worked at University Health System full-time

Pros

Training and experience are good

Cons

I have experienced the most horrible degrading rudeness and disrespect from older nurses in this company. I was a new nurse and I have never in my life met rude and inconsiderate people until now. Some are ok but lots of back stabbing and traitors. Management only believes what the older nurses say, new nurses appear to be lying or incompetent in their eyes. I feel degraded. Lots of drama and lies. People lying to each other. One time nurses made up stories just to get another nurse terminated. Other nurses acts like a boss and can dictate or make up stories manager would not even check what's really going on down their office. Nurses treats people under cheap government insurances poorly with disrespect! Cant take it anymore that's why I left!!!

Other Reviews for University Health System

Overall it has been good, but I believe that is due to the people that I have the pleasure of working with.

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at University Health System part-time for less than a year

Pros

Mainly the people, most are very friendly. The hours that are offered are also very nice. Since I am still in school during the mornings, I work second shift without any issues.

Cons

Due to a hiring freeze there are some days that we are shorthanded in the lab. This same reason also means that its easily possible to rack up way more than 40 hours a week, especially if working weekends. That can be a con or a pro depending on how you see it.

Please try to hire more people so that all the shifts can be adequately covered. Otherwise the hospital is ran very well. Can't wait for the new tower to open.

Terrible experience

Former Employee - Senior Quality Data Analyst  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Data Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at University Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Didn't find any pros for the company

Cons

Stupid people accumulated in the company

There are newer employer reviews for University Health System.

Worked for University Health System? Contribute to the Community!