University Health System

www.universityhealthsystem.com
There are newer employer reviews for University Health System

Somewhat negative work environment

I have been working at University Health System

Pros

There are some incredibly knowledgable, hard-working people that work there and care about the mission.

Cons

People. A number of people that have either been there too long or don't have the appropriate skills or abilities for their position. A nepotimistic environment also doesn't help. Add to that a lack of financial resources and even the best intentioned workers are hamstrung.

A number of people in leadership roles have "pursued other opportunities" or left in the past couple of year. Be careful about throwing the baby out with the bathwater as well as losing some of the future leaders. Improve your employee development plans and hold people more accountable.

15 Other Employee Reviews for University Health System (View Most Recent)

Above average salary

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at University Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Camaraderie with coworkers. Good pay.

Cons

Not so good management. Rough schedule for full time nurses.

Improve basic leadership skills . Talk to professional staff in a professional manner.

Disrespectful and rude to new nurses

Former Employee - Nurse  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I worked at University Health System full-time

Pros

Training and experience are good

Cons

I have experienced the most horrible degrading rudeness and disrespect from older nurses in this company. I was a new nurse and I have never in my life met rude and inconsiderate people until now. Some are ok but lots of back stabbing and traitors. Management only believes what the older nurses say, new nurses appear to be lying or incompetent in their eyes. I feel degraded. Lots of drama and lies. People lying to each other. One time nurses made up stories just to get another nurse terminated. Other nurses acts like a boss and can dictate or make up stories manager would not even check what's really going on down their office. Nurses treats people under cheap government insurances poorly with disrespect! Cant take it anymore that's why I left!!!

There are newer employer reviews for University Health System

Worked for University Health System? Contribute to the Community!