University Hospitals of Cleveland

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at University Hospitals of Cleveland

Pros

I really like working at UH. Much lower than average amount of personality issues compared to other places I've been. On the whole senior leaders and mid-level leaders are very competent. I think the CEO, Tom Zenty is very competent and a great leader - he put into effect a strategic plan that really turned the place around compared to before he came. Salary and benefits seem slightly above average. Most everyone seems to genuinely care about the patients that we serve.

Cons

Well, not that I don't love Cleveland, but it's Cleveland. Also, like most health care providers UH is studying ways to control costs and prepare for the future of healthcare - this can lead to periodic cost cutting, which often doesn't mean cuttting people but sometimes does.

100 Other Employee Reviews for University Hospitals of Cleveland (View Most Recent)

Well run organization that generally works hard to balance employees and patient satisfaction

Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at University Hospitals of Cleveland

Pros

Better than average pay, clean facilities from my experience, strong leadership, many perks and discounts, have a tuition assistance program, provides a lot of access to Case Western Reserve University resources

Cons

Parking is very expensive for the Cleveland area, the traffic to the area is congested and has no real direct route (although true of all the big hospitals), wish they would have their own insurance like the clinic.

Increadibly disorganized and disfunctional

Current Employee - Senior Dataabse Administrator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Dataabse Administrator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at University Hospitals of Cleveland

Pros

Competitive salaries based on region and industry

Cons

Terrible benefits. Retirement plan barely qualiifies as a retirment plan. 3% cash balance fund. And retiree hospitalization is $1500 a month for an employee and spouse. And the current hospitalization plan is no way an attraction for employees of a medical institution. Tuition reimbursement provides half the value of competitiors.
    Many middle managers are ineffective and subscribe to no recognizable style or approach. Management communication is non existant. Managers are consitantly reactive and blame is a management style keyword here as opposed to assumption of responsibility. If you thrive on chaos then University Hospitals will be a great fit for you.

I know that the practice of using benefits to attract and keep employees is on the way out. But University Hospitals benefits approach is bordering on insulting.

There are newer employer reviews for University Hospitals of Cleveland