Working with passionate people in a tranquil environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bath, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

I worked at University of Bath as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Most of my colleagues were very passionate about the research they were conducting and hardly ever complained about the extra hours they often ended up doing. The university has a lovely campus with a pond and quite little paths, yet is about a 10 min bus drive from central Bath. The facilities are mostly modern, though this varies between departments.

Cons

Not really suitable for anyone who enjoys the excitement of a big city. Some supervisors appeared to be too focused on their work to provide meaningful assistance to new employees.

Other Reviews for University of Bath

researcher

Current Employee - Researcher  in  Bath, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Researcher in Bath, England (UK)

I have been working at University of Bath full-time for more than a year

Pros

good research environment, professional development opportunities, good location

Cons

Bath is expensive, campus needs renovation

Terrible - corrupt

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bath, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

I worked at University of Bath

Pros

The University has a good reputation, it sounds impressive to future employers. The location is great, there are new buildings, the students are smart.

Cons

Management is terrible, corrupt. I have been threatened by my line manager, and too scared to report him. There are loads of politics, loads of bad practice. Trying to get by with less than is essential. The food on campus is terrible, and closes during summer. This was all in sports/education.

Learn how to listen, learn good practice, learn that it's not all about status, and to care about students. I would never recommend Bath to anyone - staff, student, or athlete.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Bath.

Worked for University of Bath? Contribute to the Community!