University of British Columbia

www.ubc.ca

Great experience!

Student Assistant (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsAutonomy. Ideas and suggestions listened to and taken seriously. Hours flexible. Great deal of personal satisfaction with job being done. Helped my prof with literature searches and assisted a PhD student with construction of his project.

ConsSome very long days. Had a problem when we started the project and I was there until midnight. Not unwilling to put in the extra time when needed as some days were lighter. Only a summer job. Wish it could be full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. Management was terrific.

Generally a great place to work

Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at University of British Columbia part-time for less than a year

Pros: - positive atmosphere - great team - interesting topics to work with - constantly changing… Cons: - attitudes of some senior staff - ancient computers/technology - status quo… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage innovation rather than status quo. Encourage those in high places to challenge themselves… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at University of British Columbia

Pros: Thorough training, vibrant environment to work in Cons: no cons in my experience More
There are newer reviews on University of British Columbia.

Worked for University of British Columbia? Contribute to the Community!