Comforting Advancement Opportunity

Former Employee - Marketing Research Assistant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Marketing Research Assistant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at University of Calgary part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired by one of my professors during my educational career here at the Haskayne School of Business. I worked for 10 months as a Marketing Research Assistant. It was very convenient, comfortable, and allowed me to interact with many students and professors. It looks great on my resume and I have a great reference (Mehdi Mourali) from it.

Cons

There was a hiccup in getting my first pay deposit, but other than that I don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

My interview process was very comfortable but I have interviewed for other positions and having that many people in the room can be very intimidating.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Calgary

1. Great for those looking for work-life balance, friendly people, and competitive salaries

Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at University of Calgary part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great flexibility and benefits -Friendly people -Lots of parking available -Defined benefit pension plan Overall, The U of C is a great place to work, especially if you are a parent, or someone who is just looking for better work-life balance (relative to positions in downtown Calgary). If you live in NW Calgary, the commute is very fast relative to trying to fight through the rush-hour traffic to get downtown.

Cons

-Constant change causes one to wonder where they will be next -Flexibility is good, but also depends on your manager -lots of politics The organization has a lot change taking place right now, so for some the "consistency" factor can make things a bit uneasy. Of course, there are politics one must deal with (but that is anywhere).

Advice to Management

-provide more opportunities for staff to get a variety of experience

2. Nice workplace

Former Contractor - Seasonal Instructor
    Former Contractor - Seasonal Instructor

I worked at University of Calgary as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It is ;ocated in the City of Calgary with a lot of opportunities. good environment, friendly colleages

Cons

Low salaries, high load of work