University of California Berkeley

great students

Former Employee - Lecturer in Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Lecturer in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley

Pros

great students, some great faculty

Cons

Lecturers seem to lack prospects of continuity in spite of how good their performance is.

712 Other Employee Reviews for University of California Berkeley (View Most Recent)

It was a very pleasant experience with a diverse range of committed staff towards the goal of primary school education.

Former Employee - Literacy Tutor in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Literacy Tutor in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley

Pros

The best part of working for UC Berkeley is the flexibility in schedule and hours. It was great to be able to coordinate the perfect schedule for the week that fits in nicely with my personal affairs.

Cons

As most programs are mainly student run, at times, there does seem to be a lack of professional and strong structure to the overall program. There is also a very high turnover rate in supervisors since most staff are students as well.

I love that they give so much opportunity to the students, but I think it would be a more progressive and efficient program to have at least one or two staff members who oversees or is in charge of a project to better the overall service and goals of this program.

Good place to grow, need to work the bureaucracy.

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley

Pros

UC Berkeley's professors are at the top of their fields. They can provide tremendous guidance and connect you with others in their field and industry. By working with them, you will learn to be an effective researcher.

Cons

The professors are almost always extraordinarily busy. It is hard to meet with them. Budget cuts have been bad and the bureaucracy is too much.

Cut down on the bureaucracy! It takes too long to get reimbursements and approval for spending especially. Budget cuts are bad, but I'm not sure what specific advice I have for dealing with them.

There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley