There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

Perfect student job for Cal students seeking part-time employment.

Former Employee - Event Staff  in  UC Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Event Staff in UC Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley part-time for more than a year

Pros

The ASUC offers very friendly employment terms for students, making the appropriate accommodations for class scheduling and taking strong efforts to hire Work-Study participants. The work environment is student-centered, with most of the staff employed to put on events that are run by and for student groups. Management has good working relationships with all student employees and promotion is fairly predictable. Compensation is on par with most other student jobs.

Cons

Event management can be hectic and client relations are often challenging for the staff to maintain. There can be tremendous amounts of downtime for the employees that is not effectively managed.

Continue hiring employees with customer-centric attitude and client relations will improve.

648 Other Employee Reviews for University of California Berkeley (View Most Recent)

Postdoc in the group of Martin Head-Gordon

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Scholar  in  Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Postdoctoral Scholar in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with some of the smartest people in the world. Most people are very friendly and everyone is relaxed. Things are very Berkeley throughout. Find out yourself what exactly that means :-)

Cons

It's hard to say anything about UC Berkeley that I didn't like, although this might only hold true for the particular group I worked with. I have heard that other groups are less relaxed but that is actually hard to believe for me.

Interesting work in a great locale

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow  in  Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to live; interesting research; friendly people

Cons

State budget issues are hitting Cal hard. It's not a university with a well-defined research scientist track.

Reduce the dependence on the state if possible.

There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

Worked for University of California Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!