University of California Berkeley

www.berkeley.edu
  www.berkeley.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

Chill job, but you don't do or learn much as a student employee

Current Employee - IS&T DOCS Technician in Berkeley, CA
Current Employee - IS&T DOCS Technician in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment is very chill. No harsh deadlines and supervisors are always very accommodating toward students' schedules. Hours are also very flexible.

Cons

As a student employee, I expected to learn a lot about IT, work with customers, gradually gain experience and greater responsibilities. Instead, I've been doing the same mundane tasks for the last 9 months, and frankly, I do barely anything and still get paid.

689 Other Employee Reviews for University of California Berkeley (View Most Recent)

Excellent, representing under-served communities!

Current Employee - Grad Assistant in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Grad Assistant in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

UC Berkeley is a great place to network. It allows one to be free and find oneself, especially all the undergrad students, while having first class resources at hands reach.

Cons

Public university that seems to be alternating to a soon to be private university. Very competitive, a doggy dog world before the real world.

Very good place to receive leadership experience. Very intelligent people to work with.

Most enriching and life changing experience!!!

Former Employee - Graduate Student Researcher in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Graduate Student Researcher in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Hard working, intelligent, innovative, cultural diversity and proper mix of work and fun. It gives a perfect platform to the professionals to excel in their respective field of work.

Cons

I guess only downside is the cost of living in California. Berkeley is too expensive and normal people would find it little difficult to bear the expenses. People do have diversions because of the varied cultures present.

There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley