University of California Berkeley
www.berkeley.edu Berkeley, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Mostly AMAZING

Staff Research Associate (Current Employee)
Berkeley, CA

ProsIt is a great institution with many opportunities in various fields. Most research labs are amongst the top in their fields, pushing the limits of innovation. I attended UC Berkeley for my Undergrad and find myself now part of their staff, both experiences have been incredible.

ConsExtremely demanding!!!!! There is a reason that UC Berkeley is the top public university, everyone, from the students to the staff and faculty work extremely hard to make it so and unfortunately there are times when it becomes a bit excessive.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my particular case, manage your expectations in a more realistic manner.

Student Clerk

Student Clerk (Current Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley part-time for more than a year

Pros: builds character, interact with residences using customer service, works around… Cons: sometimes work overload at end of shift Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Postdoctoral Fellowship

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good health benefits, except maternity leave. Decent scientific resources: equipment, people Overall… Cons: Maternity leave policy is immediate 3/4 pay for 6 weeks, after which you receive no more payment without returning back to work full time. If,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of California Berkeley.

Worked for University of California Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of California Berkeley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of California Berkeley CEO Nicholas B. Dirks. All reviews posted anonymously by University of California Berkeley employees.