University of California Berkeley

www.berkeley.edu
  www.berkeley.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

Great place to work if you don't like challenge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Perks and benefits are pretty good but salary is still not competitive. I love that I can access public lectures by renowned researchers, authors, and Nobel laureates. It's also a beautiful campus to work in.

Cons

Staff experience can vary by individual departments and depends a lot on the leadership. My experience has not included high quality leadership. Given the condition of the state budget and possible future layoffs, staff morale is low and salaries are not competitive.

710 Other Employee Reviews for University of California Berkeley (View Most Recent)

Good, but not great.

Current Employee - Desktop Consultant in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Consultant in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay for students. Flexible hours based around your schedule.

Cons

Not nearly enough training for the job. The job, instead of teaching you skills, has you feeling more like you're running trivial errands around campus.

More training. More involvement of supervisor for the student teams.

Mostly AMAZING

Current Employee - Staff Research Associate in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Research Associate in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a great institution with many opportunities in various fields. Most research labs are amongst the top in their fields, pushing the limits of innovation. I attended UC Berkeley for my Undergrad and find myself now part of their staff, both experiences have been incredible.

Cons

Extremely demanding!!!!! There is a reason that UC Berkeley is the top public university, everyone, from the students to the staff and faculty work extremely hard to make it so and unfortunately there are times when it becomes a bit excessive.

In my particular case, manage your expectations in a more realistic manner.

There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley