There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

Lots of change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Supporting students is a satisfying line of work

Cons

Operational Excellence and other cost saving measures has caused the campus to lose many seasoned and talented employees before they otherwise would have left. The loss of institutional knowledge is hard to replace. Lots of new systems to learn. Salary increases are small if they do happen.

641 Other Employee Reviews for University of California Berkeley (View Most Recent)

Full of opportunities

Current Employee - Graduate Student Researcher  in  Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Graduate Student Researcher in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tuition and student health insurance are covered. Flexible hours. Nice people (students, staffs, profs, ..) in general. Lots of tons of opportunities in the campus (student society, clubs, contests, fellowships). Beautiful bay area. Closed to Oakland and San Francisco to enjoy city life.

Cons

Crimes (strong arm robbery, assault, hate crime) are very common in the city of Berkeley, especially south of campus. Students are risking belongings walking around or inside the campus after dark.

Graduate students are paid not as much as those who go to work right after Bachelor's degree, but this is reasonable since part of our salary comes as remission of tuition.

Diverse. Driven. Happy

Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst  in  Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Berkeley always has industry leader come and collaborate on projects. People are interested in my research. We get fundings for projects quite easily. The labs are new.

Cons

There could be room for smaller achievements goals rather than just driven by publications. Also wished we conducted more tangible experiments.

There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

Worked for University of California Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!