There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

Cal Calling Center was a fantastic job for a student that offers good pay and a relaxed environment.

Former Employee - Student Fundraiser in Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Student Fundraiser in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of feedback on work performance, positive and relaxed work environment, very flexible scheduling, good rate of pay for a student job, enhances your abilities in negotiating.

Cons

It's a call center, so when you are not talking to anyone it can get boring. However, since studying is permitted when you aren't actually on the phone, this is a minimal problem. Occasionally there would be technical issues, but these were usually addressed promptly.

The environment can get pretty loud, which could sometimes affect my ability to clench a pledge.

670 Other Employee Reviews for University of California Berkeley (View Most Recent)

I worked as a student library employee in Main Stacks.

Former Employee - Student Library Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Student Library Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours are flexible, the workers are other students and a friendly atmosphere is encouraged, and it's really easy to get to in-between classes. There is always work to do if you want extra hours. If you just want to work without socializing, you can just listen to music and work at your own pace.

Cons

The supervisors are also students and there's a certain amount of favoritism in who gets promoted to those positions. It was also extremely difficult to get a position at the reception desk unless you were in that crowd. While I was there security was also non-existent and my wallet was stolen from my bag while I was working. It's not the most intellectually stimulating job.

It was a great experience

Former Employee - Student Tutor
    Former Employee - Student Tutor

I worked at University of California Berkeley full-time

Pros

There are many top tier scholars and industrial partners in our department. The colleagues and fellow students here are young and smart. I have a great time here working and meeting with them.

Cons

The working hours of a student are far more than those of a different school. Occasional bureaucaracy, but not as bad as you might expect. Very uncertain hours.

Well done