University of California
www.universityofcalifornia.edu Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work.

Postdoctoral (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsThe UC is well known for cutting edge research and great faculty. As a postdoc, it provides a perfect environment to build your career. I'm not sure about other postdocs' situations, but I get a full medical/dental/vision health insurance plan and 4 weeks of paid vacation.

ConsThere can be a lot of big egos to wade through at times, but if you work for the right people there is no reason you can't succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish there were some sort of postdoc association to meet other postdocs. At times it can be very hard to meet other people in a new town and it would be nice to have some events where postdocs could gather and talk.

the university of california is a great place to work, but be prepared to wade through the bs

Associate Professor (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of California

Pros: respected research institution that keeps faculty motivated to be current… Cons: a boatload of beaurocracy and having to fight for respect,… Advice to Senior Management: listen to and respect faculty opinion, and try not to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No overtime, small compensation

Programmer/Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at University of California

Pros: Schedule, no commute, no significant over time Cons: Compensation, short review periods, incompetent employees, poor communication and decisions Advice to Senior Management: Look to your talented employees for feedback and future planning,… More
There are newer reviews on University of California.

Worked for University of California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of California reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of California CEO Janet Napolitano. All reviews posted anonymously by University of California employees.