University of California

www.universityofcalifornia.edu

Berkeley is a great place to work!

Principal Publications Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsI love working with these extremely smart Berkeley students! The institution is open and friendly; diverse and accepting of different lifestyles. I'm a lesbian, and there is a lot of support for me and my family.

ConsThe pay isn't that great, but if you stay here, you get more vacation time and a full pension. It's hard being dependent on the state budget. Some years there's enough money, right now money is very tight. This is hard if you're trying to get new initiatives funded.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to get real. Some of the people I work for have a million ideas, but no funding to back up their plans.

Great place to work.

Postdoctoral (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at University of California

Pros: The UC is well known for cutting edge research and great faculty. As a postdoc, it provides a perfect environment to build your… Cons: There can be a lot of big egos to wade through at times, but… Advice to Senior Management: I wish there were some sort of postdoc association to meet other postdocs. At times it can be very hard to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No overtime, small compensation

Programmer/Analyst II (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at University of California

Pros: Schedule, no commute, no significant over time Cons: Compensation, short review periods, incompetent employees, poor communication and decisions Advice to Senior Management: Look to your talented employees for feedback and future planning,… More
There are newer reviews on University of California.

Worked for University of California? Contribute to the Community!