University of Central Arkansas

Great

Coordinator (Current Employee)
Conway, AR

I have been working at University of Central Arkansas full-time

ProsIt's a state job so you get a good 401k, 8 hours of vacation and sick time per month when starting. Great environment: overall local community of Conway Arkansas is a great place to live.

ConsSalaries tend to stay at entry level for a very long time, advancement only happens if you move from job to job by applying for new positions. It is very rare to advance in your own department without years and years of dedicated service. Faculty positions are very much the same with slow advancement in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on top of cola raises and start doing more merit raises as well as one time bonuses.

Student worker (in the office)

Student Worker (Former Employee)
Conway, AR

I worked at University of Central Arkansas part-time for more than a year

Pros: A lot of sitting down, not very much pressure, not… Cons: Base pay; Not many hours; not very helpful with experience… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wage slavery pure and simple. They pay graduate assistants less than half the area average.

I have been working at University of Central Arkansas as a contractor

Pros: At times they hire people. Cons: They pay next to nothing and treat employees very poorly. Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees fair wages and treat them with due… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Central Arkansas.

Worked for University of Central Arkansas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Central Arkansas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Central Arkansas CEO Tom Courtway. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Central Arkansas employees.