There are newer employer reviews for University of Central Oklahoma

Great benefits make up for not much room for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits--holidays off, tuition waiver, good insurance for employees (although expensive for spouses/family); great education atmosphere and opportunities!

Cons

Not much room for advancement, don't see much accountability for upper management, silo mentality, promotions/opportunities definitely depend on who you know

Don't just talk about transparency, be transparent! Open up leadership opportunities for more individuals. Base promotions on individual record of service, ability and skill. Give more consideration to internal candidates.

47 Other Employee Reviews for University of Central Oklahoma (View Most Recent)

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma

Pros

great school to work for. plenty of benefits and diverse group of students to work with.enjoyed working here.

Cons

nothing really bad. internet might be slow sometimes but the school is working on improving the speed

University of Central Oklahoma Response

May 13, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

Many Thanks for your feedback! I personally love the diverse community we have here at UCO - just walking across campus during the semester you are likely to bump into any number of events set up to ... More

It's true that UCO is one of the nation's Great Colleges to Work For (The Chronicle of Higher Education thinks so, too!)

Current Employee - Manager Employee Relations in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Manager Employee Relations in Edmond, OK

Pros

Working for this thriving metropolitan University is exceptionally rewarding, especially considering that it is the University's mission to help students learn and become productive and engaged citizens. That's something so meaningful to me, and I feel good everyday knowing that I am contributing to an endeavor that's so worthwhile. The quality of life we enjoy as UCO employees is truly second to none. Not only are we able to achieve that elusive work/life balance that so many people seek in their place of employment, we also have one of the most generous benefits packages around, we have countless opportunities for professional development and career advancement, we promote and embrace an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion, we work in an environment of collegiality where creativity is embraced and new ideas have the freedom to flourish, and we have the good fortune to work on a beautiful, historical campus. In UCO, I have found my professional home.

Cons

I truly cannot think of anything negative to say about UCO as an employer.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Central Oklahoma