There are newer employer reviews for University of Central Oklahoma

Good for entry level

Current Employee - Academic Advisor  in  Edmond, OK
Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Edmond, OK

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The atmosphere in most units is generally positive. Managers can be pretty flexible. Also, the standard extended time off for some holidays that nearly all colleges have.

Cons

Beyond the entry level, opportunity is very limited. Promotion is nearly always done (at least in Enrollment Management) based on who you're friends with. Mission creep is also rampant. Employees are told year after year there's no money for raises but we somehow have enough funding to build a boathouse downtown that is miles away from campus and the vast majority of students will never so much as even see.

It's nice that you tell your employees they're valued, but actions speak much louder than words.

46 Other Employee Reviews for University of Central Oklahoma (View Most Recent)

My experience has been great so far. Small town feeling

Current Employee - Academic Advisor  in  Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Edmond, OK

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, the ability to do my work and still be afforded the opportunity to engage with my own children's activities and school functions.

Cons

Would like to see the pay be more competitive

University of Central Oklahoma Response

Aug 15, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! I am glad you share my belief that work life balance is a big part of UCO - it is certainly important to me - and I'm sure it is just as important to your family!

Great Place to a Work

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time for more than a year

Pros

The university offers great benefits, including paid medical insurance, generous sick time and vacation as well as 2 paid weeks off at Christmas. Employees also receive a tuition waiver for a portion of their tuition or anyone in their immediate family and it can be used for taking any course offered by the university, not just ones that might benefit your job. The atmosphere is youthful and fun and everyone is very friendly. Management is very approachable.

Cons

The pay is low, but the benefits really help make for that, except you can't pay the rent with benefits. Theirs really not much bad to say about it.

University of Central Oklahoma Response

Aug 15, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! The Tuition Waiver really is a great perk, and certainly 2 weeks at Christmas is something money can't buy in most workplaces!

There are newer employer reviews for University of Central Oklahoma

Worked for University of Central Oklahoma? Contribute to the Community!