University of Chicago

www.uchicago.edu

Enjoyable work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

My department respects me a person and as an employee. They respect my time and the fact that we have lives outside of work.

Cons

I work in a high pressure environment with big deadlines. Pay raises are small but my job is flexible so that is a good trade. My commute from the other side of the city is tough.

Keep respecting your employees and recognize that we are adults who can make smart decisions. We don't need to be watched every second.

Other reviews for University of Chicago

Byzantian bureaucracy, great benefits.

Current Employee - Desktop Support Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good benefits, safe neighborhood, tons of facilities nearby, good cultural attractions on campus, stimulating, smart colleagues. Also, the campus is beautiful.

Cons

Everything is overmanaged and mismanaged, with nepotism and corruption reigning supreme. People try their best, but the structure of the University often does not allow for effective communication, cooperation, and lacks broad direction.

Very stimulating and challenging work with some of the brightest minds around

Pros

UC is famous for 80+ Nobel laureates and you can why it is so. All the departments are filled with some of the brightest minds. Amazing place to work

Cons

No well defined career paths in some departments. Especially non-scientific and technical positions.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Chicago.

Worked for University of Chicago? Contribute to the Community!