University of Colorado Health

There are newer employer reviews for University of Colorado Health

RN

Current Employee - RN in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - RN in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide tuition reimbursement for continuing your education.

Cons

Management seems to be more interested in saving and making money, which does not get passed down to employees, than making sure patient safety is the top priority. They make budget cuts in all the wrong places and leave employees to be overworked, and to work in unsafe situations.

6-7 patients on the busiest and heaviest floors is not a safe workload for a nurse. 20+ patients for one CNA is not a safe load.

10 Other Employee Reviews for University of Colorado Health (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health and retirement benefits are great

Cons

Mediocre management and slow advancement

Going downhill fast

Current Employee - RN II in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - RN II in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Still some genuine caring staff that haven't given up and work together as a team. I like my direct supervisor.

Cons

People are leaving in droves because of the day to day stress of continual change and increases in nurse to patient ratios. The lack of caring exhibited when 5 hospitals merged into one huge company is astounding. They are dismantling their best hospitals piece meal. Pay is uneven across the company for equal jobs. After 10 years I'm finally considering leaving myself.

Back off on some of these changes before there is a sentinel event. Hospitals full of new nurses and clinical staff, overworked and understaffed, are sure to cause harm to our patients. I'd be surprised if there haven't been some already. Nurses want to feel good about the care they are giving. Equalize pay and shift differentials between the hospitals. Do you think we don't communicate with each other?

There are newer employer reviews for University of Colorado Health