University of Connecticut Health Center

There are newer employer reviews for University of Connecticut Health Center

18 years, have no intention of leaving

Current Employee - Research Analyst  in  Farmington, CT
Current Employee - Research Analyst in Farmington, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut Health Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

wonderful people to work with. I have worked here 18 years in October. I've been paid by grant, so my job is pretty secure, as long as I work hard, and well. But every 4-5 years it gets scary, what is going to happen to the grant? Is a Republican congress going to cut the budget again, and the NIH is going to get cut, Science is going to get cut, and am I going to lose my job? It almost happened last year. But I was saved, and I have a job for the next 4 years, as long as I do my job well, and a Republican congress doesn't pander to the teaparty.

Cons

parking can be a pain in the butt.

Be forward thinking, continue the path you're on.

21 Other Employee Reviews for University of Connecticut Health Center (View Most Recent)

Overall pleased

Pros

I was able to get promoted rather quickly in a stronger economic time and with good work ethic.

Cons

Budget deficit. Cuts will need to be made. Strong union which makes it difficult to fire non-producers.

Totally restructure and remove areas that ate redundant and duplicate.

Frustrating

I have been working at University of Connecticut Health Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are some good people that work here.

Cons

There are some very undesirable work environments at this location. Some people are unprofessional and rude.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Connecticut Health Center

Worked for University of Connecticut Health Center? Contribute to the Community!