Resident Pathologist

Current Employee - Resident Pathologist in Storrs, CT
Current Employee - Resident Pathologist in Storrs, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Varied case load, good for self-learners

Cons

Not much time to study for board exams, not many rounds

reviews filtered by
  1. Post Doc

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Storrs, CT
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Storrs, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a very good university for research in materials. have some good faculty and state of the art facilities

Cons

Most of the univ is focused on basketball. It has given only some importance to research

2. Professional Staff for 3.5 years. Classification: Program Assistant 2

Current Employee - Program Assistant II in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Program Assistant II in Stamford, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Acted as MBA Registrar at a satellite campus; approximate student population: 500 Input course program schedule each semester (PeopleSoft) and published calendar of same offerings.
    Contact for prospective applicants with a focus on achieving successful, quality, enrollment (matriculation) targets each semester. Expedited acquisition of complete and accurate applications by providing support, direction, and continuous status updates regarding outstanding documents.
    As a member of the MBA team, participated with recruiting events, orientations, and commencements
    Produced various reports each semester by way of collection, analysis, and use of enrollment data for internal use and external agencies (i.e.) Businessweek

Cons

During my tenure, the Director, I had been hired by and whom I admired and respected was replaced. I was disappointed; because it was no longer the environment I had originally envisioned when I accepted the position.
    I had been offered a different position a few days prior to this one, it paid more, had a preferable working schedule, greater room for advancement and I didn’t take it because I liked the way the Director ran her Dept.

Advice to Management

I'd encourage weekly Staff meetings with the intention of developing a more efficient environment. Team members should be aware when a staff member is deluged with multiple projects which all have deadline's in close proximity.
     Higher Education has the benefit of student workers and it would be logical to prioritize their weekly assignments to according to staff needs (as opposed to working on miscellaneous projects with no end date).