University of Dayton
www.udayton.edu Dayton, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Educational benefits & friendly environmnet, bogged down by beaurocratic blah blah

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Dayton full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits package is good, tuition remission is great especially for family members..
The university community is very inclusive and friendly of every equal-opportunity factor (age, race, gender, etc).

ConsPay is lower than average for the industry (IT), even with tuition remission benefits figured in to the 'total package'. Great for younger employees and first-time employees, or for parents putting their kids thru college, but not for the in-betweens or post-kid adults.
Beaurocracy of the place is overwhelming sometimes. P.C. rules the day to the extreme and can hamper creativity.
Promotions above mid levels can be slow/non-existant (unless they're "laid off").

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees, don't do underhanded things. Be open with information and keep people informed as plans develop. Find a way to get anonymous feedback if you really want honest feedback. Remember people want to work in that environment because it -isn't- a big corporation and -doesn't- come with that high stress level and paperwork/red tape.

Fun and rewarding

Student Ambassador (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at University of Dayton part-time for more than a year

Pros: I worked with great people in the office and interacted… Cons: It was technically a work study position, however there was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Student Worker Jobs

Student Office Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Dayton part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: For student worker position: -Works with student schedules -No nights/weekends/University holidays off -Understanding… Cons: -Sometimes a lot of down time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Dayton.

Worked for University of Dayton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Dayton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Dayton CEO Daniel J. Curran. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Dayton employees.