There are newer employer reviews for University of Delaware

Overall Good

I have been working at University of Delaware (less than an year)

Pros

University of Delaware is a Research Oriented University. The locations is awesome and they give you a good pay and perks

Cons

There is too much work load. Little time. Not too much of weekend life.

179 Other Employee Reviews for University of Delaware (View Most Recent)

Working in the Admissions office was the perfect on-campus job

I worked at University of Delaware part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can basically choose your own schedule, very relaxed environment and dress code, and you can meet and become friends with a lot of other students you wouldn't have met otherwise.

Cons

While I never had trouble getting the schedule I chose for myself, I heard of other people that didn't because they try to give everyone equal amounts of hours and so people who needed to work more needed second jobs.

not everyone is happy

Current Employee - Tenured Full Professor
    Current Employee - Tenured Full Professor

I have been working at University of Delaware full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

easy access to major east coast cities, well supported by the state of Delaware, the students seem genuinely happy to be here. Delaware has a temperate climate

Cons

corporate culture is taking over this institution of higher education. Top leaders operate without accountability to anyone. At the very top there is limited engaged leadership. Administrative appointments are made by fiat.

the new system of responsibility based budgeting is demoralizing, and seems to be just another neoliberal attempt to allow markets to dictate educational quality, a failed approach in every educational sector

There are newer employer reviews for University of Delaware