There are newer employer reviews for University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Research Associate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at University of Edinburgh

Pros

Flexible work environment that allows you to work with some of the brightest minds in the world on cutting edge research. Opportunities exist within the University for staff to continuously update their skills or gain new ones by attending free classes in topics ranging from management to business to programming. The University is the heart of a vibrant start up scene in the city.

Cons

Some say that Edinburgh is an expensive place to live. The pay although comparable to what other Universities offer is low compared to the private sector. The University administrative parts can be quite bureaucratic sometimes.

Just keep on doing what you are doing now. I have no complaints with how the University is run now.

42 Other Employee Reviews for University of Edinburgh (View Most Recent)

Fun and cordial.

Current Employee - Research Fellow
    Current Employee - Research Fellow

I have been working at University of Edinburgh

Pros

It's a nice place to work while doing postdoctoral research. There are just so many intelligent and friendly people you can't go wrong.

Cons

You have to live in Edinburgh to work at the University of Edinburgh, which means you will be suffering through interminable winters.

I have not advice for management since I did not really have any interactions with management. This means they are probably doing just fine.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Applications Consultant  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Applications Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at University of Edinburgh

Pros

Good and friendly working environment; Excellent work/spare time ratio; Freedom to try out new technologies and to bring in your own ideas.

Cons

The pay is probably not as high as in the industry, but then you won't work silly hours either.

I think my institute was well managed and the employees did not have to deal with overall issues from the University itself.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Edinburgh

Worked for University of Edinburgh? Contribute to the Community!