University of Edinburgh

www.ed.ac.uk
There are newer employer reviews for University of Edinburgh

I had a really great time working for them. Improved my skills a lot and applying to work for them again

Current Employee - Research Technician in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Research Technician in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at University of Edinburgh

Pros

Very good balance between work and personal life. Total freedom in decing when to start/finish work. Really good environment to work in

Cons

Sometime the managers should be more prepared to do their job, but as overall there are really great people to work with

Maybe more careful in the choice pf PI for big research projects

52 Other Employee Reviews for University of Edinburgh (View Most Recent)

Edinburgh University

Current Employee - Research Associate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at University of Edinburgh

Pros

Flexible work environment that allows you to work with some of the brightest minds in the world on cutting edge research. Opportunities exist within the University for staff to continuously update their skills or gain new ones by attending free classes in topics ranging from management to business to programming. The University is the heart of a vibrant start up scene in the city.

Cons

Some say that Edinburgh is an expensive place to live. The pay although comparable to what other Universities offer is low compared to the private sector. The University administrative parts can be quite bureaucratic sometimes.

Just keep on doing what you are doing now. I have no complaints with how the University is run now.

Fun and cordial.

Current Employee - Research Fellow
    Current Employee - Research Fellow

I have been working at University of Edinburgh

Pros

It's a nice place to work while doing postdoctoral research. There are just so many intelligent and friendly people you can't go wrong.

Cons

You have to live in Edinburgh to work at the University of Edinburgh, which means you will be suffering through interminable winters.

I have not advice for management since I did not really have any interactions with management. This means they are probably doing just fine.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Edinburgh