University of Florida
www.ufl.edu Gainesville, FL 5000+ Employees

Great benfits, academic politics.

Associate Director (Current Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I have been working at University of Florida

ProsThere is a fantastic benefits structure in place. If you get a good supervisor who will allow you to utilize these resources there is a lot of flexiblity as long as you get your job done well. It is one of the best places to work if you are a die-hard Gator fan. There is a positive culture permeates the town and connects you with people you have never even met.

ConsGenerally, a cultural division between faculty and administrative support staff. The generational shift in incoming students may be one of the most challenging groups of folks academia has yet had to work with (this permeates the industry, not just UF). There tends to be some entrenched feudalism and fiefdoms entrenched in the inter-departmental parts of the organization and between the colleges.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate. Motivate. Grow in a sustainable way. Value support as well as research.

UF the good and the bad

Professor of Pediatrics (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at University of Florida

Pros: As a physician job security is good. Once you are hired the organization supports you. The university has many processes that leads to fairness… Cons: salary, state and institutional politics, support Advice to Senior Management: support your staff More

UF gives best diplomas in the state.

Student (Current Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I have been working at University of Florida

Pros: The University paid for my tuition and a good salary on top of that for my graduate work. Not too bad a deal to… Cons: Its easy to get lost at a big university. Although it has become a little more serious recently, Gainesville is still known for being… Advice to Senior Management: Stop raising tuitions! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Florida.

Worked for University of Florida? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Florida reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Florida CEO Bernie Machen. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Florida employees.