University of Georgia

www.uga.edu

Great student worker job--just not enough money!

Current Employee - Student Assistant
Current Employee - Student Assistant

Pros

Student worker job. My supervisor allows me to take days off when I need to study for an exam. My co-workers will work with me to cover my shift!

Cons

Minimum pay. But that's to be expected for a student worker job.

Pay raise for students who have worked here over 3 years!!

Other reviews for University of Georgia

Good to work for my alma mater.

Pros

UGA has a really great benefits package because it's part of the Board of Regents and is considered a government job. Plus, because it's UGA you can participate in the TAP program which helps you pursue a degree while employed for free.

Cons

Because UGA is a government job, it does not pay very well, and it's very bureaucratic. Be prepared to battle it out with other employees who protect their territory and maintain their importance in the bureaucratic machine instead of innovating, collaborating, and iterating in a way that makes the organization as a whole more efficient and effective.

Provide more room for collaborating, innovating, and improving the processes that keep UGA working and competitive globally as a Higher Institute of learning.

Nice place to postdoc

Pros

It really depends on your individual advisor and lab, but I've found the quality of life and scientific resources to be very good at UGA. Athens has a lot to do and the cost of living is very low compared to other places I considered postdocs.

Cons

Many administrative tasks at the University are excessively bureaucratic compared to other schools, particularly procurement and travel, although procurement has improved some recently.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Georgia.

Worked for University of Georgia? Contribute to the Community!