University of Glasgow

www.gla.ac.uk

Satisfying work and a supportive environment

ProsGood management structure that supports its employees through good communication. Flexible hours and fair consideration of personal commitments. All in all, supportive and encouraging.

ConsSecurity and stability of position is becoming an increasing issue due to re-structuring. This had led to feelings of anxiety and despondence, which is threatening the supportive nature of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership would be improved with more consideration of personal anxieties of staff, who are keen to keep jobs they enjoy but are worried of losing when they believe they are being deemed dispensable.

There's a lot Glasgowing on at the University

Analyst (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at University of Glasgow

Pros: Job security is certainly a bonus. There is a relaxed feel to… Cons: I personally believe that there aren't many opportunities for promotion in the University. Jobs appear to be awarded on factors that are unrelated to performance… Advice to Senior Management: The University is a large organisation with roughly 5000 staff and 25000 students. The senior management appear to make decisions based on unrealistic assumptions without… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wonderful location

Senior Library Assistant (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at University of Glasgow full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The area, flexi-leave (when it's not an issue!!), good work-life… Cons: Some departments reluctant to implement flexi-leave while others openly flaunt… Advice to Senior Management: Better wage increases! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Glasgow.

Worked for University of Glasgow? Contribute to the Community!