University of Hartford
www.hartford.edu West Hartford, CT 500 to 999 Employees

Laid back, but...

West Hartford, CT

ProsThe Hartford area is quite nice to live in and generally most departments are laid back. If you don't get too deep into academic matters (I was not) then you will find it to be an enjoyable workplace.

ConsNobody can communicate with each other. There is very little knowledge and information shared and much discussion goes on behind closed doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to each other better! There is a lot of duplicated effort between many departments and everyone would benefit by being more open with each other.

My experience has been over all positive, with some caveats.

West Hartford, CT

I have been working at University of Hartford

Pros: The University is small, so there is not much of a chance to grow. In some departments people have been in their position for a… Cons: On the other hand, the pay is low, and depending on your job, the stress can be high - with little support from management. This… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your operations. There are key areas that I know of which require investment, otherwise problems will continue and risks to the University will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

UHa provides a safe, supportive collegial community in which to work.

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee)
    Hartford, CT

I worked at University of Hartford

Pros: My Department Chair and colleagues were very supportive and accessible. They fostered a sense of community by sharing information and ideas regularly. They were professional,… Cons: The facilities were not as state of the art as some of the public institutions at which I have worked (which quite frankly surprised me… Advice to Senior Management: Update technology access and resources in all classrooms. Provide more rooms… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Hartford.

Worked for University of Hartford? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Hartford reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Hartford CEO Walter Harrison. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Hartford employees.