University of Illinois

There are newer employer reviews for University of Illinois

Pay increases infrequent

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at University of Illinois full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job stability, union protection. It's a huge organization so time served follows you from position to position.

Cons

Pay increases few and far between and below cost of living increase. Also, HR will delay your promotion time and time again and blame it to lost paperwork. The state is going broke so young workers can expect their pensions to run out before they reach retirement age.

Lower your expectations. You pay bare minimum, expect bare minimum quality work.

82 Other Employee Reviews for University of Illinois (View Most Recent)

Great campus, great education

Current Employee - Broadcast Journalism Student in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Broadcast Journalism Student in Champaign, IL

I have been working at University of Illinois full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been to dozens of college campuses across the country and the University of Illinois remains my all time favorite. Perhaps I'm biased because I received my degree there, but I could not have hoped for a greater social and educational experience. The professors are top notch and the students are down to earth. You'll have a great time connecting with like-minded career-oriented students while also saving room for the plethora of social events offered. The greek life, sports spirit and after-hour affairs will help balance the rigorous and intensive instruction. The emphasis on cultural diversity is especially notable. As an African American female, I always felt welcome. I love U of I and hope to send my children there some day. Great ROI. I-L-L I-N-I forever!

Cons

I graduated from the College of Media Broadcast Journalism. I wish there was more emphasis placed on digital design.
    It's located in the middle of no where (2-3 hours south of Chicago). Which means that if you want pursue professional advancement in a big city while attending school--you can forget about it.

Work is progress

I worked at University of Illinois full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experience working with diverse population and great resume builder

Cons

There is a Lack of Consistency

Consistency