University of Iowa

www.uiowa.edu

Great position at a great school

Resident Assistant (Former Employee) Iowa City, IA

ProsPut resident assistants through intense training to prepare them for the year. Hire diverse employees. Weekly one-on-one and group meetings with staff. Continue training throughout the year. First year students are fun to work with. Learn how to become an effective leader.

ConsConstantly working (24/7). Even if you are not on duty, residents can always knock on your door. Training starts early so it is hard to have a job in the summer. Many difficult situations to handle in the residence halls. Limited nights to sleep out of the dorms.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage Resident Assistants to take some time to themselves outside of the dorms and realize how demanding the job can be on a full-time student.

Great People, Great Benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Iowa City, IA

I have been working at University of Iowa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits package, competitive pay, pleasant work environment. I think the University of Iowa is an excellent employer that tries… Cons: There are lots of work politics, many shifts require weekends… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent

Assistant (Former Employee) Iowa City, IA

I worked at University of Iowa part-time for more than a year

Pros: People are nice and friendly. You can get good life-work… Cons: I hardly find any downside working here. Maybe sometimes the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Iowa.

Worked for University of Iowa? Contribute to the Community!