University of Iowa

www.uiowa.edu
  www.uiowa.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Iowa

I am very happy with my experience as an RA and the relationships I developed with my residents, staff and management.

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Iowa City, IA
Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at University of Iowa part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits of being an RA at Iowa are unheard of elsewhere and if you have a personality that fits the job well it is easy to put in the time that being an RA requires.

Cons

If you are really interested in changing the way things are done and being extremely innovative this might not be the job for you. The status quo is valued at Iowa.

225 Other Employee Reviews for University of Iowa (View Most Recent)

clinical research

I have been working at University of Iowa full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

benefits fairly good but keep declining

Cons

always more responsibilites, less money

Employee for over 25 years

I have been working at University of Iowa full-time

Pros

In general, the insurance benefits-even after the large cut-are still some of the best in the area.

Cons

Employees are given very limited pay increases to include 2.5% increase cap for internal transfers (even between job titles. Regardless of what HR claims, the actuality is capped pay for internal employees. Any annual increases don't cover cost of living expenses (if an increase is given at all),. Increases should be at least 3%. Quit making the small fry employee pay for university mistakes (IE building on a flood plain) by telling them to give up flex benefits, pay increases, and raises. Quit allowing outside employees to be evaluated on a different rubic by allowing them to be hired on at much higher pay/unlimited increase. U of I consistently pays male employees more than female counterparts. U of I IT employees-in all areas (CLAS, UIHC, etc)-are incredibly lazy. They are unmotivated to learn and take on new work, unprofessional, and unqualified for their jobs.

Make annual increases at 3% minimum for employees with an income less than 80K and stop capping pay to 5% increases (even between different positions/jobs)

There are newer employer reviews for University of Iowa