There are newer employer reviews for University of Kent

diverse and rewarding

Current Employee - Casual Worker  in  Canterbury, England (UK)
Current Employee - Casual Worker in Canterbury, England (UK)

I have been working at University of Kent

Pros

great variety of jobs, great sense of community, great pay and progression routes. Staff are all professional, hard working, and good fun. it is a really nice place to work and Canterbury itself is beautiful.

Cons

you sometimes feel that the management have favourites that they pick to work events but they do give everyone a chance and are keen for new employees to get stuck in.

less intimidating interview and selection process, i found it very stressful but well worth it!

8 Other Employee Reviews for University of Kent (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Student Ambassador  in  Canterbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Student Ambassador in Canterbury, England (UK)

I worked at University of Kent part-time for less than a year

Pros

I gained a great deal of experience working for the university while studying for my law degree. As an ambassador my work hours were flexible, well remunerated and altogether rewarding.

Cons

They do treat you like a kid and they expect you to fill in time sheets every week (and you can't do this whenever you want you have to approach their office which is often closed.

Allow people to fill time-sheets in online. Don't treat students like children.

Excellent work and study environment

I worked at University of Kent as a contractor

Pros

Employers were open communicators yet allowed for free decision making and initiative from employees, beautiful environment, motivation to improve jobs position and duties

Cons

Sometimes coworkers are unresponsive or do not fully communicate, time off policies, job expectations were not always clearly outlined

Continue to ask employees about ways to improve the job

There are newer employer reviews for University of Kent

Worked for University of Kent? Contribute to the Community!