University of Leeds

www.leeds.ac.uk

Decent working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

ProsFor many people the university is typical of many stable academic institutions and will offer its non-academic staff a pleasant working environment, ample holidays and plenty of interesting activities when off-the-clock. All in all, the university treats its staff reasonably and most people seem happy.

ConsRemuneration is definitely on the low side compared to working in the private sector, but this is typical of most universities. Only found out I had been 'opted out' of the pension a good while after the fact, without ever having been consulted. I was furious about this. Sometimes it can be tricky to get things to happen, especially with IT. Persistence and knowing where someone's office is can help when it gets too much!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into why some people have been 'opted out' of the pension system involuntarily. It would seem to be a serious breach of the rules.

Subwarden

I have been working at University of Leeds

Pros: Great team that supports you if you make an effort. Cons: Sometimes you have to constantly rework your schedule. More

great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Leeds part-time

Pros: everyone is really friendly and happy to answer any questions Cons: none - positive experience with no draw backs Advice to Senior Management: all runs well Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on University of Leeds.

Worked for University of Leeds? Contribute to the Community!