University of Liverpool
www.liv.ac.uk Liverpool, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good place to work

Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Liverpool

ProsLots of money available for travelling to conferences. (I was never denied funding for this.) Open atmosphere, interesting people, pleasant and centrally-located campus.

ConsDisappointing support of the senate for the universal nature of universities, namely the proposed closing of certain academic departments in 2008/9 due to their lack of research funding income.

Lack of career support for PhD/RA researchers (but this is an issue common to most universities).

Advice to Senior ManagementWithin any organisation there are profitable and unprofitable departments, and the former have to support the latter or else the whole organisation is threatened.

Some "career gap funding" for PhD/RA researchers, funded by the university, would keep talented researchers at the university while applying for grants and continuing to contribute to the academic standing of the university.

Good, supportive environment - a good place to do research

Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Liverpool as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Good management, decent HR dept, well organised. Cons: Some off the basic infrastructure was dated and need repair Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best academic experience

Student (Former Employee)
Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at University of Liverpool full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great city to live in, very friendly people, excellent academic… Cons: Some terrible lecturers in Management School, poor assessment, lectures excessively… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Liverpool.

Worked for University of Liverpool? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Liverpool reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Liverpool CEO David McDonnell. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Liverpool employees.