University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

www.umhb.edu
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

Difficult place to work unless you are firmly in the Baptist tradition.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

I worked at University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

Pros

Excellent location, emphasis on campus, facility building and enrollment increases, decent benefits package except for health insurance. Many excellent facilities. Decent kids. Some students have significant academic ability.

Cons

Micromanaging environment, regular lack of honesty, poor health insurance. Some poor facilities, but they are scheduled for improvement. Some students have poor academic ability and the resources and programs are not in place to aid those students in retention, although retention is said to be a priority. Pretty "student centered"- students are thought to be always right by the administration.

reviews filtered by
  1. Staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

I have been working at University of Mary Hardin-Baylor part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great staff and faculty. Extremely caring. I've never met a group of people that have cared so much for each other.

Cons

There's not much to say here. The campus is BEAUTIFUL. Parking can be a hassle sometimes but otherwise, I'm completely happy where I am.

2. Underdog

Former Employee - Adjunct Music in Belton, TX
    Former Employee - Adjunct Music in Belton, TX

I worked at University of Mary Hardin-Baylor part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working with students. The campus was always well cared for. The staff at the student union were always super and helpful. Things were close by and it was nice to get out and walk when I had time.

Cons

The most frustrating thing about UMHB was they put my work under 3 hats, so while I worked 67 hours I was not a full time employee just 3 part time employees. It didn't even get me a parking sticker for the parking lot I had to put a piece of paper on the dash. I felt humiliated not being a real employee and spending so much of my life there.

Advice to Management

I don't think it was all departments but the one I worked for sure had major lay offs of non professor type staff. I always wondered if you looked at whether a leader could keep employees. One or two might be the people but when you get up into the twenties - I think you should look at management not employees.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Mary Hardin-Baylor