University of Maryland Medical Center
www.umm.edu Baltimore, MD 500 to 999 Employees

Excellent Benefits, opportunities for advancement

Applications Systems Analyst III (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsThe benefits are excellent. You're not likely to find a place that still offers a pension plan and the corporate culture is about being innovative and best-in-class.

ConsThe pay is not as competetive as it could be. Other hospitals systems are paying more in the same role in that region.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased salaries and bonuses would reduce turnover (which is not bad, but could be better). As I see it, there's not much else to complain about.

Bad only the Health Information & Randstad/ Spherion is not good for UMMS, its bringing down your business.

Health Information Tech (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I worked at University of Maryland Medical Center as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: They offer good benefits to there employee. A good hospital to work only… Cons: Health Information Management Department is not a good department to… Advice to Senior Management: Talk a look @ your whole Health Information Management Department… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall an excellent place to work

Physician Assistant (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I have been working at University of Maryland Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Supportive medical staff and great educational opportunities. Depending on the unit the nursing staff may be either top notch or lacking. I… Cons: It is a University and as a PA I have to deal with unprofessional students on a daily basis. On occasion I have had… Advice to Senior Management: Pay equity is a problem. If Congress ever passes the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on University of Maryland Medical Center.

Worked for University of Maryland Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Maryland Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Maryland Medical Center CEO Jeffrey A. Rivest. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Maryland Medical Center employees.