University of Maryland
www.umd.edu College Park, MD 5000+ Employees

Graduate student in physics theory

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)
College Park, MD

Prosranked very high in the nation, and has very talented professors and students around to work with. Being a big campus, its a great diverse experience. Proximity to the capital is also a plus, both professionally and socially.

ConsThe neighborhood around can be sketchy, and the graduate salaries are not very good. The working conditions, i.e. the work desk is kind of just something put together to make it work. Leaves a bad taste, but its not a deal breaker.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the cons can't really be changed by the management much, its outside their territory.

Fantastic Benefits!

Faculty Research Assistant (Former Employee)
    College Park, MD

I worked at University of Maryland full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great insurance and benefits package. Vacation is outstanding! Cons: Parking permits can be costly. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work, understanding bosses

Cashier (Former Employee)
    College Park, MD

I worked at University of Maryland part-time for more than a year

Pros: Bosses and coworkers were flexible with shifts that needed to work around my academic schedule. Pay was… Cons: Limited growth for reaching higher positions meant little potential for higher pay. Decision input of… Advice to Senior Management: Keep scheduling and good pay, listen to lower employees more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Maryland.

Worked for University of Maryland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Maryland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Maryland CEO Dr. Wallace D. Loh. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Maryland employees.