Excellent if you get the right opportunity.

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant  in  North Amherst, MA
Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in North Amherst, MA

I have been working at University of Massachusetts part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Access to various university resources and building skills relevant to the industry.
-Smart intelligent people to work with at the graduate level.

Cons

-More choice of course work would be nice.
-Lack of funding after the recession for most students.

No changes recommended.

Other Reviews for University of Massachusetts

The workplace was professional and the employer is very clear about his instructions

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant  in  Amherst, MA
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Amherst, MA

Pros

Clear instructions were given to the teaching assistants for their next lesson plan, though previous experience is suggested to ease into presentation skills

Cons

While the working environment was very good, I felt that the material could be handled better in terms of reviewing earlier material. It's necessary that students have previous knowledge of statistics, but students do not enter the class with perfect memories.

Keep up the good work

Cockroaches and Rampant Harassment.

Current Employee - Line Cook  in  Amherst, MA
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Amherst, MA

I have been working at University of Massachusetts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you can get a benefited position you'll be able to enjoy free classes, free tuition, and a stable job.

Cons

The pay isn't competitive, little room for advancement, poor management that chooses to ignore; harassment claims, pest control, food safety issues, and in general good business practices. If you work here find a lawyer, you'll find laws being broken constantly so that upper management can cut corners. It took almost 5 weeks for my first paycheck, and I was lucky, some of my colleagues have to wait 2 months for their first checks because of a massive bureaucracy.

Don't text someone at 1am to come in for 7am the same day then get pissed off and threaten their job when they say no. Also, don't say "I got your back," to someone who was just seen grabbing a clearly upset 16 year old employee's ass. And the list goes on and on.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Massachusetts.

Worked for University of Massachusetts? Contribute to the Community!