University of Miami
www.miami.edu Coral Gables, FL 5000+ Employees

Outstanding graduate school, especially for doctoral students in liberal arts.

Lecturer (Current Employee)
Coral Gables, FL

ProsExcellent library AND librarians, strong support for doctoral students, good tech support, beautiful campus, diverse enrollment. Outstanding senior faculty who teach and do important research.

ConsMany Undergraduates tend to be party animals and expect easy grading from graduate student instructors. Very expensive for masters programs. Too much Greek influence.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep senior faculty and involve junior faculty in planning and recruitment. Solve parking problems and keep investing in technology.

Easy, breezy, get your education while at work!

Office Manager (Current Employee)
    Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at University of Miami full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - The culture is laid-back (sometimes too much so) - TUITION… Cons: - Pitiful Pay - No room for growth - Very bureaucratic - Poor… Advice to Senior Management: I don't know...I think it's a lost cause. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Research Assistant II

Research Associate II (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

I have been working at University of Miami full-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible schedule, good benefits, decent salary Cons: No set schedule, no training, unorganized, everyone too busy to… Advice to Senior Management: Have a formal training schedule for new employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Miami.

Worked for University of Miami? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Miami reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Miami CEO Donna E. Shalala. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Miami employees.