University of Minnesota

www.umn.edu

Great Student Experience

Student Assistant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsFor their student worker positions they understand you are students first workers second. They go out of their way to ensure that they create a schedule that works for you.

ConsJob scope creep. I have been here for a few years and they continue to give me more and more responsibilities. Normally not a bad thing, but I'm now doing most of the work a retired employee with little compensation increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake notice of strong student workers. They do a lot.

Great Graduate Program, Great City

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at University of Minnesota part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It's close to the metro area of Twin Cities, a lot of activities… Cons: Living expense is relatively high More

Academia can produce a weird culture

Administrative Director (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at University of Minnesota full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: -Flexible hours (usually) -Great benefits -Tons of opportunity for advancement -Job security driven by political… Cons: -Certain departments are critically understaffed to be effective -(Tenured) Professor's as managers tend to be highly politically and egotistically driven -Stagnant… Advice to Senior Management: Kahler is doing a great job making the University more business friendly, as well as mission driven to bring innovation to the public. Professors… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Minnesota.

Worked for University of Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!