University of Missouri
www.umsystem.edu Columbia, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

I am a graduate research assistant at the University of Missouri.

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Columbia, MO

ProsI will obtain a Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering. As a graduate research assistant I receive a tuition waiver and health insurance subsidy, albeit for very bad insurance. Overall the experience has been incredibly challenging but will be well worth it in the end.

ConsGraduate research assistants really don't have much of a life. Depending on your advisor and your passion for the project you are working on, your experience will vary greatly.

Admin Office - laid back, fun place

Student Assistant (Current Employee)
    Columbia, MO

I have been working at University of Missouri part-time for less than a year

Pros: Treats students very generously. Very understanding of the student's schedule… Cons: Not much to do sometimes. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The University of Missouri views its graduate students as grant and patent generating workers rather than as students.

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Missouri full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They do provide decent classroom instruction as well as adequate research facilities.… Cons: The organization cares very much about the revenue that a student can help bring in by working on grant-funded research. However, very little effort is… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more heavily in career development for your graduate students. Using graduate students as underpaid… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Missouri.

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Missouri reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Missouri CEO Timothy M. Wolfe. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Missouri employees.