University of Montana

www.umt.edu
  www.umt.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Montana

I have learned a lot, but have done quite a bit of mundane work.

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Missoula, MT
Current Employee - Research Assistant in Missoula, MT

I have been working at University of Montana

Pros

It is a good learning environment where you are expected to work hard and keep up to date within your field. There are many opportunities for pursuing your academic interests. The schedule is flexible, and the people are good to work with.

Cons

It is difficult to pursue research interests that are outside the interests of the professors working here, which I think is common. I did not receive very good instruction on how to propose and successfully receive a grant.

I think it is necessary to provide a better forum for voicing concerns about the programs of study, and to provide better avenues through which budding researchers can successfully secure grant funding and study novel research.

36 Other Employee Reviews for University of Montana (View Most Recent)

A great place to make friends, learn important "real world" skills and how to give back to the community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

I have been working at University of Montana

Pros

You are only limited by your own creativity. KBGA is an integral part of the community and opens doors to meeting many influential people in Missoula. High respect for people that work at KBGA. See projects completed. team-oriented. great perks to compensate for low pay including coffee at work, and show tickets.

Cons

low-pay. Long hours. Many events to attend that aren't paid. yearly managerial turn-over. some people that are hired have zero experience so learning curve is high.

management changes every year, so this is a hard question to complete. Possible answer may be: have strategic goals set out every year that must be met beyond fundraising events.

Good temporary employer

Former Employee - Temporary Facilities Assistant in Missoula, MT
    Former Employee - Temporary Facilities Assistant in Missoula, MT

I worked at University of Montana

Pros

Friendly co-workers and relaxed work environment.

Cons

Job candidate review process can take quite a while sometimes.

Increased wages for student employees.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Montana