Great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Missoula, MT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

I have been working at University of Montana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great medical benefits, many training opportunities, flexible schedules, in-state tuition waiver, paid holidays, retirement fund, lovely work environment.

Cons

Pay is not ideal in the low teens / hour, however when all the pros are taken advantage of (i.e. the savings on education, medical benefits, training opportunities, as well as the retirement fund matched by employer) one ends up investing in their future more so than many other employment opportunities in Missoula.

Other Reviews for University of Montana

I have learned a lot, but have done quite a bit of mundane work.

Current Employee - Research Assistant  in  Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Missoula, MT

I have been working at University of Montana

Pros

It is a good learning environment where you are expected to work hard and keep up to date within your field. There are many opportunities for pursuing your academic interests. The schedule is flexible, and the people are good to work with.

Cons

It is difficult to pursue research interests that are outside the interests of the professors working here, which I think is common. I did not receive very good instruction on how to propose and successfully receive a grant.

I think it is necessary to provide a better forum for voicing concerns about the programs of study, and to provide better avenues through which budding researchers can successfully secure grant funding and study novel research.

A great place to make friends, learn important "real world" skills and how to give back to the community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

I have been working at University of Montana

Pros

You are only limited by your own creativity. KBGA is an integral part of the community and opens doors to meeting many influential people in Missoula. High respect for people that work at KBGA. See projects completed. team-oriented. great perks to compensate for low pay including coffee at work, and show tickets.

Cons

low-pay. Long hours. Many events to attend that aren't paid. yearly managerial turn-over. some people that are hired have zero experience so learning curve is high.

management changes every year, so this is a hard question to complete. Possible answer may be: have strategic goals set out every year that must be met beyond fundraising events.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Montana.

Worked for University of Montana? Contribute to the Community!