University of Nevada Las Vegas

www.unlv.edu

A good working experience when you get past the budget cuts and low morale. Better days ahead.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsWhen I was hired at UNLV seven years ago, it was a great place to work. Extraordinary family/work balance, liberal vacation and sick leave policies. My work was challenging and rewarding and salary and benefits were good.

ConsBefore applying for a job at UNLV, please research thoroughly the budget cuts and economic woes UNLV and the state of Nevada are enduring. Positions, colleges, programs, and departments have been cut. No raises of any kind since 2007 and morale is very low as the people who are still employed are experiencing stress and overwork situations.

If you can find the right position here, it should be very satisfying.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on developing staff - beyond the requirements of tenure - and build a stronger infrastructure for the future. More empowerment of middle management, more training of supervisors will go a long way toward strengthening a financially troubled organization that has potential.

Don't Do it

I have been working at University of Nevada Las Vegas

Pros: pay for part of education Cons: there are numerous cons. management is clueless, very condescending in… Advice to Senior Management: get a clue No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience here has been great.

I have been working at University of Nevada Las Vegas

Pros: The city of Las Vegas is a beautiful place to live,… Cons: The economic status of the university is currently in limbo. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Worked for University of Nevada Las Vegas? Contribute to the Community!