University of Nevada Las Vegas
www.unlv.edu Las Vegas, NV 50 to 149 Employees

Don't have too high of expectations and you will be fine

Part-time Instructor (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe University is pretty laid back. There are a lot of food court options. The basketball games are a lot of fun.

ConsThe state is undergoing massive budget cuts, which makes job stability an impossibility. These budget cuts affect education at all levels, so in general, students are less prepared for college.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am sorry that the University of Nevada, Las Vegas does not have many options for improvement. With the budget cuts, improvements seem an impossibility. Perhaps utilize more methods to weed out unprepared students. These students should go to CSN or take only remedial classes before being allowed into classes with the rest of the student population.

A very positive time in my career

Communications (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Nevada Las Vegas

Pros: UNLV was a great place to work when I had… Cons: The university was going through a very difficult transition and budgets were being cut everywhere. Some… More

Very flexible but no experience gained and salary was very low

Public Service Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Nevada Las Vegas

Pros: Flexibility to take days off when busy with school. Work is… Cons: Not a place to learn new things. No training offered for interns or staff. No… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Nevada Las Vegas.

Worked for University of Nevada Las Vegas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Nevada Las Vegas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Nevada Las Vegas CEO Donald D. Snyder . All reviews posted anonymously by University of Nevada Las Vegas employees.