There are newer employer reviews for University of Nevada, Reno

College of Business Career Services

Current Employee - Graduate Assistant  in  Reno, NV
Current Employee - Graduate Assistant in Reno, NV

I have been working at University of Nevada, Reno part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome boss and coworkers! Tuition reimbursements are the best thing that ever happened it cut my tuition costs in half for my graduate degree! The environment and culture are amazing. When completing a task you know that your work is appreciated! I left my previous job to apply for this one and it was the best decision I ever made!

Cons

Red tape between the different university departments to get things done but that is expected with any university. When you need to reserve facilities for various events fighting with the different departments on which events take priority is a headache!

Also, when creating marketing materials and needing to submit them to integrated marketing can day weeks which becomes a stressful situation when you are trying to get something printed by a specific deadline.

55 Other Employee Reviews for University of Nevada, Reno (View Most Recent)

Great benefits, great environment

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Reno, NV

Pros

Great easy going culture, great benefits like health, tuition reduction, I am paying 800 bucks a semester for an MBA while working here.

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy, makes changes slow. Need to kinda ride the wave...

Less layers, empowerment of the employees to take decisions.

Student worker

I worked at University of Nevada, Reno

Pros

Working on campus was great because i could go to class during my lunch, or i could work two days a week and one half day. Everyone is really understanding when it comes to the time in the semester when you have to finish projects and do other community based events.

Cons

They only let you work 20 Hrs a week during each semester, so if you're looking to pay rent and stuff like that it may be very difficult.

They have it locked down pretty well.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Nevada, Reno

Worked for University of Nevada, Reno? Contribute to the Community!